Reed's 1-1/2" to 6" PE Pipe Peeler prepare the outside diameter of polyethylene pipe for electrofusion by removing the oxidized layer and contaminates. PE Pipe Peeler can be used on the edge of the pipe or anywhere along the pipe with sufficient clearance for turning the tool around the pipe.
Chain with thermoplastic rollers of acetal copolymer and plated side plates resist corrosion. Spring-loaded blade keeps consistent pressure on the pipe for a smooth finished surface. This blade tension means the blade does not skip. Its carbide blade provides a cutting edge on each side. Rotate blade before replacement and receive three additional cutting edges.
- One tool does a range of pipe.
- Takes 2 minutes to attach to pipe and peel 6" PE.
- Creates a uniformly peeled surface.
- Works well even on out-of-round pipe.
- Peels pipe 1-1/2" to 6" (48mm to 168mm) in diameter.